Right from the start of the project GeTVivid the cooperation of GeTVivid with the projects InBestForm and SenS, which aim the social networking of seniors, was prepared. For that on October 3rd, 2013 the VMKN (Verein für Menschen mit Körperbehinderung Nürnberg) initiated an information afternoon for seniors to introduce the project GeTVivid. 8 seniors were present; they were very interested in the idea of the platform. A discussion developed around the pros and contras of such a Service Platform as well as its possibilities of use. Precisely the possibility to organize leisure activities like walking, cultural visits or even vacation escorts attracted great interest. The seniors developed innovative ideas to offer support, but also mentioned their limits which would exclude their participation of the GeTVivid-Platform. The following points summarize the discussion:
- The participating seniors define themselves as donors than as recipients; they like to offer their support for housework or gardening within their abilities.
- The voluntary principle is important; the offered help should be given voluntarily and unconditionally. No obligations should result from given support.
- The help should be given for free.
- The timeliness is very important for the seniors. Usually assistance like shopping or going to the pharmacy is needed promptly. So an immediate realization is desired. So the question has arisen whether a request via telephone would make more sense.
- The organization of leisure time, for example going to cinema or walking is rated as less critical of the times. Precisely here clear advantages of the GeTVivid-platform are noticed.
At the end of the discussion the seniors indicated great interest for the progress of the GeTVivid project. They expressed their willingness to be available for further discussions and tests.